Want to Get into Daiteitoku? I edited the page, but I am poor with wiki. I won't mind if someone helps out.
May I help you out with translation and other things?
Already post on your talk pages.
Piyapong Wongwaiwit Wii 15:01, February 13, 2011 (UTC)
I hope people don't mind the image. I just wanted to fix the large space gap caused by the video. So I need something to push it down past the sidebars. And I reordered items on the sidebar according to how in-depth the contents are. So general information comes first, followed by the mechanics, and then the miscellaneous stuff like guides. If anyone care that is. Aurabolt213 18:28, June 20, 2011 (UTC)
Patch Link v1.02 (content update)
Since Aurabolt213's post URL is gone as of Dec 27, 2013, recommend getting download links from forum: hongfire.com/forum.
Doug C 126.96.36.199 01:57, February 15, 2013 (UTC)
Doug C 188.8.131.52 23:08, December 27, 2013 (UTC)
Old link above is dead. Below is a working one,
This link is now dead... If anyone still has a copy of the patch would they mind re-uploading it...
Characters, countries, and places
I want to list the real-life characters, countries and places that the game's materials have been based on. Here is the link. Please edit there and comment here----Jero L. 10:51, February 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Each character/country/location should have its own article created, then the real-world references can be mentioned there. Examples (for another game): Uesugi Kenshin, JAPAN, Sado, and Tenma Bridge. -Afker All hail AliceSoft! 11:51, February 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Though I think it is also a good idea to have a centralized article that lists all of them. Maybe simple lists in the centralized article, and more indepth description of the real-world references in the individual articles (explaining the connection and similarities shown in the parody etc)? -Afker All hail AliceSoft! 11:59, February 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Wow! You're so cool JeroL!! I'm totally agree with your idea.
- By the way, character's name should also be considered, I think. Alicesoft try to parody all the name so it will be not mistaken to the real-world's. For example, America > Gamerica. So some names like Mirja, should we use Mirya instead? Based on its Romanji.
- Piyapong Wongwaiwit Wii 12:34, February 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Moving The Factions section to Nations and the deleting the characters Nation Section.
- Hi Everyone, Tell me what You think of this idea. I feeling the need to take the delete the characters from the Nation section since we have a character section all ready. We can move the factions part from the first page. and apply it to the nations section. For the Nations Part I am planning on just showing the chain of command as is on the main page.
- I'm fine with that. Waiting for JeroL and Afker and other users' comment.
- Piyapong Wongwaiwit Wii 01:45, February 18, 2011 (UTC)
- oh sorry, guys. These days my computer has some problems approaching to the wikia pages so I forgot getting there. I'm fine with deleting the characters from the nations' article, I didn't think to delete it because those were others' contribution, and I haven't yet read the official page for the other characters' info (I have only read getchu). Well, AliceSoft's official site seems only accepting Japanese IP, yes? Is there anything to do for the non-Japanese users without using some proxies/proxy webs/fake IPs?
- @Piyapong Wongwaiwit Wii: I just use the katakana and some simple converters (and please don't forget Mr. Google) so I didn't think it's really worth-appraising, but then, thank you. About the names, I think it's important to take the more common name for the characters' nationality (but GOSH, I'm not some genius guys who can master ten or twelve foreign languages as a children's play). Well, about the Miirya character (or Mirja as I'd typed), I get the name Mirja because it's Russian-like (Russia was the biggest state in the USSR that time, you know), as for the character Parupuna Karaado (or Parupuna Gekleudre as I'd typed), I use Mr. Google's translating sites for Japanese language to South African language for her surname (but I didn't check the accuracy for that name, though)
- @Afker: Yeah, I also think the Characters/Locations/Nations SHOULD have their own articles created, that page should only be considered as a centralized article to list all of them. Preparations before work, that's what it means. --Jero L. 19:14, February 19, 2011 (UTC)
- @JeroL: I think proxy converter is the best thing I can suggest in order to access to the official web. There is still something like VPN but I have not tried it out yet. But if you need any page, text, images, etc. from there you can tell me, I can get it for you anytime. And the AliceSoft Blog is also useful for getting info. (This one no need of proxy).
- P.S. I will continue to finish all characters page first starting from this Wednesday.
- Piyapong Wongwaiwit Wii 03:11, February 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Someone new has added some new characters, I wish if he could take the original Japanese names with the self-speculated names.
- @Piyapong Wongwaiwit Wii: I wonder if it's okay, I need everything from the characters' images and text (text files as either .HTML or .TXT are okay). Could you please get all of them into an .RAR/.ZIP file for me, if you don't mind?
- And you had said about the proxy converter, could you please explain it more in my talk page?
- --Jero L. 04:00, February 23, 2011 (UTC)
JeroL, have seen your uploaded.
After this should I use your uploaded image in the Character pages?
And could I ask you that where did you get all that image from? Is there any site other than the official one? << Oh i c, it's from Getchu... -*-
Piyapong Wongwaiwit Wii 09:01, February 18, 2011 (UTC)
You can get those images from the twitter Icons section of the website Spacebomber 19:24, February 18, 2011 (UTC)Spacebomber
- The twitter icons have very low resolution, I recommend you get them from Getchu. Also there are a lot of text information there.
- Piyapong Wongwaiwit Wii 04:25, February 19, 2011 (UTC)
- @Piyapong Wongwaiwit Wii: Of course you can use those, pal. I've uploaded them here for the contributors (including me) to use. And the one who uploaded the Katerin, Miirya, Shuu, Rinfa, Ranfa, Hanitora, can you please tell me where you'd taken them? (maybe the official site of AliceSoft, I guess?)
- --Jero L. 19:22, February 19, 2011 (UTC)
- @JeroL : Thx for the answer. Yes, they are capture from AliceSoft Official Web. But I think your Getchu one is more easier. Btw, thx again for the upload, thats help a lot. XD
- Piyapong Wongwaiwit Wii 03:04, February 20, 2011 (UTC)
Ship Information From the Website.
Information on the Ship Vessels have gone up. I can translate information, but I don't create wikis as well as you guys do.
These are the current observations
Each Ship/Boat also has these parameters.
Class: Battleship, Cruiser, Destroyer, Aircraft Carrier, Other
---Three top Parameters
Radar: From what I infer this is the same as intiative or speed.
ALso since each Character that commands a fleet has a command value and skill, I think we will put that on the same page. Spacebomber 19:23, February 18, 2011 (UTC)Spacebomber
- I am very busy about my work until upcoming Tuesday, I will continue contributing after Tuesday.
- By the way, is JeroL don't like to talk? I have never seen him response to our question or comments... I think this is some kind of teamwork, should we share our information?
- Piyapong Wongwaiwit Wii 04:21, February 19, 2011 (UTC)
- Most of us here I think are full time students or have some other job. we are all busy. Wiki's are community projects so the best thing we can do is review and correct the material that other people put up. 184.108.40.206 18:34, February 19, 2011 (UTC)spacebomber
- Ship Page is up, I might start translating the note section from the Daiteikoku website, but I need to catch up on some of the projects. If someone can Organize the infomation into an excel Chart it would be greatly appreciated.220.127.116.11 01:41, February 21, 2011 (UTC)Spacebomber
Official Page and Blog Update
AliceSoft already updated a lot of new characters and 9 CGs (3 with voice). Have fun looking around XD~ Piyapong Wongwaiwit Wii 12:03, February 21, 2011 (UTC)
Nice, Does someone want to start on the names?
18.104.22.168 16:41, February 21, 2011 (UTC)Spacebomber
- More CG with voice (x3)
- Game System : 1 turn flow
- Turn Start
- Own country phase
- Ship Upgrade, Ship Repair, Save/Load, System check, etc...
- Battle Phase (Attack)
- Event Phase
- Other countries phase
- Battle Phase (Defend)
This is roughly, I have no time to read it in detail yet. Now Im very busy with my research at Uni -*-
Piyapong Wongwaiwit Wii 11:09, March 4, 2011 (UTC)
Where can we put the preconditions for every tech level?
Someone on the hongfire forums found out about the verious initial requirements for each tech level. (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286347&page=79)
Though I know that severall ships have further prerequisites addtional to the tech level. But it's a start.
Should we open an additional topic called Tech or so on the main navigation or shall we put it into "Ship Stats" (Pehaps rename it.)?
Without further ado:
The various TechLevels and their requirements:
1. no requirements for Lv 1
2. Tsunami join your troop unlock technology Lv 2
3. Capture 10 star unlock technology Lv 3
4. Capture 15 star unlock technology Lv 4
5. Capture 20 star unlock technology Lv 5
6. Capture 25 star unlock technology Lv 6
22.214.171.124 10:14, May 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Dude, this information has been on Japanese sites for a long time. There's nothing to research about. Anyway, just put them under "Ship Stats" without renaming the section. 126.96.36.199 15:39, May 18, 2011 (UTC)
Moved from the main article:
An unofficial fan translation spanning 35% of the game's script and 100% of the interface—MediaFire source here—was published in 2012 and remains the most complete English translation to date. Beginning on June 23, 2011, the project employed a number of translators with markedly different translation and writing styles. The project's 35% completion patch, published March 10, 2012, would become its last due to lack of consistent motivation as well as sheer script size. A number of translators attempted to revive the project, but no further publications were made.
A full Chinese translation which builds upon two previous partial translation efforts was released on April 07th, 2018. The original URL posted by the translation group has since been taken down and another source link is needed.
A partial Russian translation built upon the English patch is available from Seishinteki Hon'yaku.