|Memories / CGs|
Known Bugs Edit
*There is a known bug where summoning Ferris causes sprites to vanish on the map. A workaround is saving after every battle she is in.
- Due to the above bug it is recommended to avoid getting the [Demon Permit] (Summons Ferris every battle automatically).
- As of 1/10/2013 a community member released a patch to the game fixing this bug. fixing the chest opening bug.
On 9/2/2013 Rance III received a re-release fixing this bug as well as a few others. It can be found on the translator page.
Battle hints Edit
Except for some required battles, most fights can actually be avoided via running away to save time. As the entire party gains more experience when Rance is at low level, it might be overall more efficient to keep Rance at as low level as possible most of the time. Remember that max. exp. that can be stored is 65535.
- Lis Cave - The fight against Lis is the first forced battle. Let Kanami rush in front to attrack the Lis's attention. Then use Rance attack to easily hack up the Lis. Easily completable at level 10.
- Rekka Mines - Always summon Ferris via the first choice in the item menu. Otherwise make Rance stay out of trouble as much as possible (unless he's needed to block off enemies from your caster allies). Easily completable at level 10.
- Forest of the Lost - Easily completable at level 10, even before considering Ferris.
- Red - Between Ferris and the tank, there's not much for anyone else to do. Easily completable at level 10.
- Hyper Building, Bugs - The bugs are very strong. Use Ferris to attract as much damage as possible, and help killing enemies via Rance Attack. Completion at level 10 with no ally deaths require a lot of save-loading for a good battlefield position. Doable, but efficiency-wise might be better to bump up the levels a bit.
- The Battle of The O - The hard part of this is winning too quickly before your allies have time to be healed, as the consecutive battles leave no breathing space in between. Easily completable at level 10 using Ferris if you are willing to tolerate one or two deaths of allies.
- North - You only need to fight one group to get to Toma. Easily completable at level 10 with Ferris.
- South - It's supposed to be a one-on-one fight, but you can still summon Ferris and complete it easily at level 10.
- Golden Hanny - Easily completable at level 10 with Ferris.
- West Tower, Ithere - One of the few battles where Ferris cannot join. Still not too hard at level 10 with the help of other allies.
- East Tower, Satella - Ferris can't be used in this battle unless you have the demon's permit (obtain in Gele's tomb). However, paralysis powder OHKO's Satella. Chances are, only Ferris can hit her normally if you don't use paralysis powder.
- Centre Tower, General - Reasonably easy at level 10 with Ferris.
- Centre Tower, Noce - Challenging at level 30.
- Throne Room, Gele - Reasonably doable at level 30. Rance's attacks always do 100 damage regardless of level. More levels will simply allow Rance to tank more damage. Just stay near the center of the room, and don't approach Gele unless you can reach her in at most three moves (allowing you at least one turn to deal damage before she teleports).
Lis Cave Edit
- Gal Monsters
- Rarerare Stones
- [Ecstatic High School Girl] – First Floor Press the switch to the left. It’s in the treasure chest.
- Green Hanny
- NEO Nubobo
- Lis - 220 HP
- On the first floor go down the left path in order to get the Rarerare stone. Then go down the stairs on the right side.
- On floor two go to the right and get the two treasure chests before going down the stairs on the left side. Stick to the left, once the scene ends you’ll end up back in Ice.
- Visit the Hospital in order to get the key for Lis’ Cave.
- Return to Lis’ Cave and when you get to the third floor go right instead of left.
- Go north and you’ll encounter Lis. He should be easy to beat.
- Once he is defeated go north to meet Rola.
- After the scene ends you end up back in Ice, Go to the Keith’s Guild and talk to Keith for the reward.
- Go to the weapon shop guy and talk to him.
- After the scene go to your house and after that, head for Kanra.
Devil Cave Edit
- Gal Monsters
- Were Village Girl - transforms from Lycanthrope
- Rarerare stones
- Curious Gal
- Examining Room of Carnal Desires
- The Return Daemon puzzle:
- Blue - Starting warp point
- Red - Return daemons
- Yellow - Treasure chest (egg)
- Green - Exit
- In Kanra, head to the bar. Call over the bartender and ask him about the war/Rola until Rose appears.
- Go to Devils' Cave.
- After the scene, go back to Kanra and talk to Rose.
- Go back to Devils' Cave and enter after the scene.
- Go right and talk to Ballcat.
- Step on the plate in the next room to the right, then talk to Ballcat again.
- Enter the portal.
The second floor is populated by Return Daemons, and has no monsters. When talking to a Return Daemon, picking the first choice will let you through, but you can only get through two Return Daemons at a time. Trying to get through a third Return Daemon will send you back to the warp point.
Pass the Daemon to the left and take the second north corridor. Head all the way north, then east, and pass the second Daemon to reach a treasure chest.
The egg in the treasure chest allows you to get through the neverending stairs in the previous floor. You should get the egg first, go back and get the treasures, then come back for a rarerare stone. There's a common bug issue for these pots that auto picks the don´t look inside option - to bypass this you must go to the spot between them and left click the pot,then right click it, keep pressing right and left without moving until you find a monster,beat it and right click the pot. Somehow it works. The rarerare's are in the left and middle pots.
To reach the stairs, pass the daemon to the left and take the second south corridor. Don´t talk to the next Daemon - instead, go east then south and east again. Follow this corridor to the north and then east. Talk to your second Daemon and you will find the exit.
L-Zile & Underground Cavern Edit
- Gal Monsters
- Rarerare stone
- LOve Juice
- Bullied Girl
Talk to the guard on second floor who asks you for the password. Examine the wardrobes the the room on first floor with 9 bookshelves and after that examine the other wardrobes around the first floor. Go back to the room with 9 bookshelves and examine all the bookshelves and examine the ones in the small room next to it. Walk around until a guard appears. This will happen twice. Do XXX to the maid after the second guard. Go back to the small room and third guard will tell you the password. After obtaining password defeat Henderson. Talk to Maria and search the desk. Return to maid who will give you key to treasure room. After getting Rarerare stone, go to the underground cavern.
Head east, picking up another rarerare stone and a Sylph Staff along the way. Loop south to the bottom, then west, and back north to find a Limestone Key. Enter the nearby door to find Nurse.
After the cutscene, go to the pub to find Rola. Afterwards, head to Red. Go back to L-Zile and enter HQ. Ask for Maria, then go to the Factory. Go to Kanra's pub, and back to the Factory. Finally, head for Rekka Mine.
Rekka Mine Edit
- Rarerare stone
- A Dangerous Chase
There's nothing on the first floor of the Mine except for some people you can talk to. In the top left part of the map there is a mine cart. Get in it and ride across to meet up with Milli. Once the dialog ends you will be able to fight Chasobas. Chasobas are worth decent EXP and have a lot of HP. They have a chance of dropping a chest containing an item called a Mirror Fragment. If you kill all the Chasobas and they don't drop enough Mirror Fragments, just save and they'll respawn. After getting four Fragments, a picture will unlock. There's no Gal Monsters here, but there is a rarerare stone in one of the eggs near Chasoba Queen. Once you leave the Mine, head to L-Zile and talk to Maria. The next place you'll head to is
When you gain control of your character again your goal is to destroy all the enemy units. The helman unit behind the trench does not need to be killed. There's a church in the top right of the map that will heal your party for free.
The Leazas soldiers on the bottom of the map will tell you how many enemy units are left on the map. Once all the enemy units are dead, talk to the Leazas soldiers. They will tell you the church is under attack. Head to the Church and you'll engage in a battle with Helman soldiers. Once they are killed you'll end up inside the the Red Fortress. The next fight is four fights back to back. The first unit you'll fight is a group of Helman Soldiers after that you'll fight the pig's two bodyguards, followed by the pig, followed by a fight with Leila. After the fight is done Maria will tell you the next place you need to search is
Lost Forest Edit
- Gal Monsters
- Bee Girl
- Were Princess (Let Lycanthrope transform)
- Area 1 - start exploring from the left side. After two events, enemy starts attacking. Third event teleports you to area 2.
Green = area 2; Yellow = area 3; Blue = area 4.
- Bright blue tiles are starting locations for the zone. Red tiles teleport the player back to area 1. Bright green tiles are the destination for the respective zone. Purple tiles are secret passages that you can walk right through.
- Follow the map in order to end up in the Rapu village. Once you see the unicorn you'll need to go back to Red and ask Sel to join you.
- Once Sel joins your party go back to the forest and Sel will teleport you back to the Village. Go get the nectar from the unicorn and give it to Leila. Once the dialog ends Your next destination is
Hyper Building Edit
- Gal Monsters
- Goldfish Tamer
- Were Policewoman (Let Lycanthrope transform)
- Were Nurse (Let Lycanthrope transform)
- Rarerare stones
- [One Day...] - 4th Floor.
- [Defeat the Disciplinary Committee Member] - 20th Floor.
- Regaining Holy Sword and Armor
- After obtaining the Rarerare stones on the 4th and 20th floor get into any Elevator and it will take you to the 52nd floor. Climb your way to the 55th floor to meet Lis in his human form you'll end up back in red and you will regain the Holy Sword and Armor.
- Go back to Hyper Building, go to the 56th floor and try to climb up the stairs, then go back to the 55th floor. A conversation will trigger, opening a path to the south. Find the new elevator and go to floors 119 and 120 and defeat all the bugs there. Once you see they are all dead, go down. You don't get a message or anything.
- Defeat Satella
- Return to the 55th floor and the main elevator will be repaired. Go to floor 54 and take the now functional main elevator to 200th floor. Floor 199 contains three chests. Climb to the 201st floor, then place the symbols in the remaining four corners of the room following Sel's example: stand one tile away from the corner, facing it, and press the space key. Once all four corners have the symbols, go towards Satella.
- After the scene you'll end up back in Red
Note, that other than floor 4, 20, 199 and all the storyline floors mentioned above, there are no other chests, dialogues nor anything of significance on floors 21 - 54, 57 - 118 and 121 - 198.
- Gal Monsters
- Three Sisters(all use the same cg, so you only need to assault one)
The Goal here is to defeat all the enemies. After this battle go to the Hospital in Ice for a nice CG. Then head to the next area
Know bug: I assaulted a Dekkan(11HP) during the third sister and I got a bugged Sill CG,with her hair tonned in blue and green saying I was harrassing Dekkan.
- Purchasable Items
- Ball of Destruction
- Haniwa Temple
- Note, you might want to progress with storyline until you obtain Shizuka before entering the temple.
- Once you buy the [Ball of Destruction] the shopkeeper will give you [Source of the Fountain Goddess].
- With the [Source of the Fountain Goddess] in hand go to Teti Lake and you'll get the option of using it. Do so and select the option to visit the Haniwa Temple. Please note, that if you leave the temple, either via exit or by means of [Wood of Return] you will not be able to enter it again, unless you have obtained another [Source of the Fountain Goddess].
- Once inside you'll find multiple Haniwa Statues. Click on any of them except for the Super Hanny and then enter the portal. You'll fight Hannies of the color you clicked. Upon defeating them you'll unlock access to a chest to the north containing a harmonica relating to the color of Hanny killed. Do this with all the Hanny Statues Except for the Super Hanny.
- With all the Harmonicas in hand use the Super Hanny statue and enter the portal.
- Walk down the hallway you arrive in until you end up in a large room and go to the right.
- Click on the Super Hanny and it will move enough to let you through. *NOTE: At this point it is recommended to lower your move speed* Enter the hall and be very careful not to accidentally move onto the arrows. Most of the one way passages lead you to a room of Evil Hannies with no way out. The last passage however leads you to a room with a [Wood of Return], second [Source of the Fountain Goddess] and some treasure. At the end of the main hallway you'll hit an invisible wall with a slot next to it. You need to have the harmonicas from before in order to pass through them.
- Once you pass through all the walls you get the believer card. The card allows you to do two things:
- Exit the temple and H the Item store girl at Ice.
- Go back the way you came and go to the left side of the large room where you'll find a Super Hanny who won't let you pass without the card. This way will lead you to a fight with the Hanny King. He has 65535 HP and he drains 5 levels at a time. Beating him in a straight up fight requires a ridiculously high level and only rewards you with 10,000 gold (or at least the author of this edit was unable to find any additional effects).
- H the Serving girl at Kanra
- Once you have captured North go to Alicesoft and agree to help the graphic designer with a CG to recieve [Graphicer Medal].
- Go to Kanra and talk to the Serving girl for an HCG.
- Haniwa Temple
- Once at Oc Sortie to attack North.
- Once North is under your control attack South.
- After Rance conquers South go to the headquarters and Sortie Twice.
- Have Rance sleep in the inn by himself.
- Note this is the point of no return. After next step final showdown will begin and you won't be able to return to world map.
- Go to North but stay in the road until you encounter a Golden Hanny and defeat it.
- After the scene you'll end up in
Leazas Castle Edit
- Gal Monsters
- Conte - Eastern and Western Tower
- Magician - First Floor Castle, Second Floor Castle Random Encounter
- Dulapi - Third Floor Castle Random Encounter
- Frozen - Third Floor Wrong Switch, Fourth Floor Random Encounter
- Kamikaze - Sixth Floor Castle Random Encounter
- Rarerare Stones
- [Poolside Angel] - Third Floor, Western Tower
- [It's Fine if It's From Behind] - Fifth Floor Castle - Stone Guardian Maze, Step on the button closest to the down stairs the chest is on the bottom left.
- [Onee-sama, that's XX] - Sixth Floor Castle
- Mirror Fragments
Just like in Rekka Mine, the enemies in this area drop chests containing Mirror Fragments. Assemble all 4 for an erotic picture.
- Once inside the castle and Lia and Maris have been rescued defeat the guards and check the desk next to them for a [Portable MVR].
- Advance until you find Chaos.
- Once you find chaos your next objective is to find Sel, who is outside in the northwest corner of the yard.
- After you find her she'll give you medicine to give to Milli who's in the Western Tower. (Tower front door is locked. Go up to the wall and enter tower from side)
- After giving Milli the medicine go to Sel who will join your party and then go to where Chaos is. (there [Devil's Passport] in the coffin, if you pick it up Ferris will be always in fights)
- Talk to Barres at the Central Tower and Defeat Toma.
- Defeat the Big Monster and you realized cannot pass it.
- Rest in the Inn on the back, choose to sleep with Kanami and you get Lia's CG.
- Investigate the Red floor, Maris will tell you to get an antidote.
- Go into Eastern Tower and find the antidote on the 2nd floor and come back.
- On the 3rd floor, Help Barres deactivate the traps (pull the top and middle lever, then push the button). Note: pulling the middle and bottom lever and pushing the button will put you in a room with a demon that will drain all of Rance's exp. Avoid at all costs.
- On the 4th floor, Help Shizuka(talk to her twice) & Milli (push the button near the stairs to the 5th floor after finishing the 4 quizzes)
- On the 5th floor, There is a large impassable hole.
- Go to the Western Tower top floor. You will fight Ithere.
- Pull the lever after the fight.
- Go to the Eastern Tower.
- You'll find Rick preparing a weapon with Leila.
- Give Hirara Alloy DA to Maria (outside, on the east side of the tower) & go back to Rick.
- Sleep at the inn
- Go back to the eastern tower, and climb to the top floor. There you will fight Satella. You can't beat her normally, use the paralysis powder. Activate the lever behind her.
- Climb back up to floor six of the castle.
- Defeat the clones of your party that Noce summons. Mass AOE from your casters will easily wipe them out. Note, enemies here can drop a key, which lets you get a cg in chest.
- Defeat the guardian creatures that block the hallway. Note that these do not respawn, so you can visit the inn to heal as needed.
- After a very long scripted sequence, you need to defeat Noce. This fight is EXTREMELY hard since he hits like a truck. Most party members will do pitifully low damage, and are basically only good as meatshields (most of them will also get OHKO'd by Noce if targeted). In fact, the only worthwhile party members in this fight are your healers. Expect to restart multiple times (meaning you'll need to rewatch that scripted sequence again). You may need to grind to have an HP/stamina pool large enough to beat him.
- Heal up and fight Gele. Only Rance is usable in this section. She seems to teleport every four steps, so don't chase her if she's too far away, as you'll only waste time (and health). Just stay near the center and hope for the best.
- Walk into the room and enjoy the ending!
Most of the game is easy (ridiculously so if you summon Ferris), with one exception: Noce. His damage is an absolute pain to deal with, and every time you fail, you're forced to rewatch that ridiculously long scripted fight. The following method will allow you to skip all the grinding you may need to do in order to reliably defeat Noce.
- Make a backup copy of your latest save just in case things go awry.
- Open up your latest save with a hex editor
- Address 26E8 dictates Rance's level. Replace it with hex value 50.
- Address 26E6 and 26E7 dictates Rance's experience points. Replace it with hex value FFF7.
Note that the numbers are stored Little-Endian. For example, 4816 experience (decimal) is 12D0 hex, and stored as D012 in memory.
Now load your save from within the game and summon the level god. If all goes well, Rance will be level 96 with over 4000 HP, allowing you to clear Noce with ease.