- This article is a stub. You can help the Alicesoft Wiki by
|Affiliation||Ashikaga House, JAPAN|
|Appeared in||Sengoku Rance|
About[edit | edit source]
He gave himself the name Choushin, meaning "Supergod", to match his own "beauty" and the old hereditary title of the shogun bestowed on his family. Needless to say, his sense of beauty is rather unusual. He finds Yamamoto Isoroku an ugly woman (though very skilled in war), and thus did not lay his hands on her.
He holds a grudge against the Oda House, as the proud Ashikaga House was Oda's vassal for a while.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
As the lord of Ashikaga House, Ashikaga is very obsessed with Oda. Together with his personal adviser, Ikkyuu, they planned several strategies in order to defeat Oda, though to no avail. He also tried to gather forces by asking help from renowned officers and leaders, but failed once again due to the majority of people not wanting anything to do with him, much to his anger.
Ashikaga will declare war against Oda automatically if Rance kills his messenger or if the Tenshi Sect has declared war on Oda. After Oda conquered one of Ashikaga's territories, he will deploy one of his best officers, Yamamoto Isoroku to assassinate Oda's foreigner, Rance.
Ashikaga will be available in the prison (and can be added to the troops by a negotiation) right after Oda conquered all of his territories.
Ashikaga possesses one of the Emperor's items, which is later taken by Rance.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- See Ashikaga Yoshimitsu for historical character reference.
- Choushin's character was conceived of early on in Sengoku Rance's development. He was originally Houjou Choushin, a useless member of the Houjou clan. When the original RPG morphed into a strategy game and the scenario was redrawn, he was moved to the Ashikaga clan.
- At this point, facial hair was added to his design, which Orion says was done to connect him with Ashikaga Yoshimitsu.
- Contrary to his appearance, he is actually quite young, being only the same age as Rance.
- He has a number of similarities with both Fletcher Modell of Helman and Radon Alphorne of Zeth. All three are over-privileged and unattractive nobles who make distinct and strange noises and are often compared to animals. All three also relied entirely on reputation in order to maintain a position of power and are almost laughably weak.